Hypoglycaemia, also referred to as hypo-mentioned, the cells of the body do not receive glucose.This causes problems because glucose is the main source of energy for the cells. Hypoglycemia is usually temporary and usually occurs as a side effect of insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitus What are the symptoms of hypoglycaemia and how can it be treated?
With regard to the glucose concentration in the blood . Normally fluctuating blood sugar levels within fairly narrow limits. It is regulated by hormones such as insulin and glucagon. These ensure that the blood sugar is not too low such as hypoglycemia and that it is not too high hyperglycemia. The sugar in people suffering from diabetes mellitus increased by a deficiency of insulin.
Hypoglycaemia, there is an extremely low content of glucose in the blood , the consequence is that there is no glucose in body parts ends up. Glucose is their most important source of energy. Hypoglycaemia you often see as a side effect of treatment with insulin in diabetes mellitus type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus Also at, but less frequent. In people without diabetes, hypoglycemia is almost never. Sometimes you might suffer from a strange feeling, have the idea that you are going to fall, a feeling of nausea. Faintly The cause is sometimes designated hypoglycemia, but usually the feeling caused by stress or fatigue.
Causes of hypoglycemia
- As someone with type 1 diabetes take insulin dose that is too large in relation to what the person has eaten than the level of glucose in the blood will be too low. It is therefore important that the insulin dose is adjusted to what one eats (glucose rises) and physical activity (decrease of sugar).
- In people with type 2 diabetes mellitus , hypoglycaemia may occur if there is also a limited kidney function. A gradual accumulation of drugs that lower glucose may be the cause.
- Get someone without diabetes mellitus hypoglycemia the cause may be something serious. The example could be a disease of the liver or a disease of the adrenal glands. A tumor in the pancreas that secrete insulin can also be the cause, but this is very rare.
- In babies , especially when they are just born, hypoglycaemia may occur because the liver has not been saved. enough glucose
Symptoms of hypoglycaemia
If the glucose level in the blood falls then someone will quickly notice it:
- Can not see sharp;
- A queasy feeling;
- Pain in the head;
- A spinning sensation;
- Yawn Hunger;
- An anxious feeling;
- A fast, strong heartbeat;
- Are unfocused;
- Sudden mood swings.
If the glucose level continues to fall;
- A person can get confused;
- It can happen and someone can talk chaotic shaky start walking (these symptoms can resemble drunkenness);
- Fainting: you can see this especially in children;
- Unconsciousness can occur, there needs to be treated immediately, otherwise it may cause damage to the brains or even death.
The failure of hypoglycemia
It may be that someone does not notice it when he or she has a low blood sugar. It is then sometimes referred to as the inability to mark hypoglycemia or to feel arrive. In English: hypoglycemia unawareness . It is very difficult if someone has this. It occurs mainly in the group of people who are treated with insulin to regulate blood glucose levels. As accurately as possible.
If you have diabetes mellitus and symptoms as described under the heading Symptoms hypoglycemia, immediately a sugary drink or food with lots of sugar. It is wise to always take. Something this kind of business with Wear a bracelet which it is indicated that you suffer from diabetes mellitus. If you become unconscious by hypoglycaemia than an injection of glucagon is needed.Glucagon is a hormone that makes you come back in, it causes the glucose level increases. Touches someone unconscious immediately 112 should be called.